Friday, August 12, 2011

Tooth and gum pain, heavy gum bleeding HELP?

Today I woke up fine, then after a couple hours my tooth started getting really sore, especially when I bit down with it. I hadn't eaten anything yet so nothing was stuck in the gum area. I decided that I might floss to see what the issue was. My gum around the tooth started bleeding TERRIBLY, like a full stream of blood that lasted maybe 5 seconds. I have great oral health. I brush twice a day AND floss AND use mouth wash. I also was just at the dentist 4 weeks ago and they said my teeth were perfect. I rinsed with mouth wash and also rinsed with salt water. What is this, why is bleeding so much (not just some red or pink on the floss but a sudden stream), and what can I do to make it stop? My dentist's office is closed until Tuesday. Please help!

No comments:

Post a Comment